Our visit to Farmers’ Market Taranaki started off with a few unexpected surprises! Brett McGregor had a last minute accident meaning he couldn’t make it, and meaning we had to find another chef at the last minute – luckily, Market Manager Eryn was able to convince Terry Parks from the Nice Hotel to come down and fill in! Once again, many, many thanks to Terry for saving us at such late notice!
Terry was kind enough to step in at the last minute, ridiculously early on a Sunday morning, and between him and his friends we got to sample some delicious fresh food! Making the most of the produce on offer at Farmers’ Market Taranaki, they put together a huge variety of food. We had yet another incredible day at the Market despite all the last minute changes – The sun was shining (long may this good weather trend continue- touch wood!) The All Blacks had also just won, which meant everyone was in a very good mood 🙂
Kumara and Tangello Salad, with Toasted Coconut and Spiced Broad Beans.
INGREDIENTS – Quantities to Taste
– Kumara (Awatotara Kumara)
– Curly Kale, sliced (Natural Lea)
– Tangellos (Natural Lea)
– Radishes (Longlife Farm)
– Coconut Flakes
– Dried Spiced Broad Beans
– 2 Tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
– boil whole peeled kumara, being careful not to overcook them (otherwise they will fall apart!)
– Chop Kumara into bite size peices
– Toast Coconut in a dry pan, until brown (check out the photo above)
– Peel and chop Tangellos, combine with chopped Kumara, sliced Kale, sweet chilli sauce and dried broad beans.